This short post will serve as the “table of contents” for a series of six posts I wrote this year about mapping processes in creative industries based on knowledge creation and information discovery and not by handoffs of work between people and teams.
- Understanding Your Process as Collaborative Knowledge Discovery: the first post in the series explores the problem and the new ways of looking at it
- Examples of using this approach to map processes of knowledge discovery in two different industries
- Mapping Your Process as Collaborative Knowledge Discovery. I wrote about how to actually create such process maps with real people who do the work, why, and how to use these maps in Kanban system design. This post turned into three, each covering different layers:
- Recipes: how to actually do it and what not to do, without much explaining why. Sorry, the post was already long enough. Of course, recipes are not enough, but that’s what I have the next two posts for!
- Observations: what actually happened as I tried this new approach. The experience informed various tips on how to do it.